- April 29, 2020
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
STRENGTHENING CURRICULUM IN EARLY CHILDHOOD
Implementing Te Whāriki – He Whāriki Mātaurangas mō ngā Mokopuna o Aotearoa Early Chidhood Curriculum (2017)
This half day course will enable pedagogical leaders and teachers to review their system for assessing individual children linked to intentional teaching.
Assessment data needs to be the basis for planning curriculum experiences that engage children in authentic learning. Come along and find out more about:
- Planning a rich curriculum for every child, focussing on learning that matters.
- Affirming each child’s identity, language and culture
- Authentically engaging with parents, whānau and the child in determining learning pathways.
- Personalising pathways to school and kura.
- How curriculum policy will provide a clear guide to practice
Participants will also have the opportunity to request an individual post-course visit to the centre for an assessment, planning and evaluation ‘health check’.
There is an additional cost of $155 plus gst per hour for this visit.
Venue: Hintons - The Villa
Venue Phone: 03 358 8599Address: