- May 27, 2019
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Assessment, planning and evaluation with Te Whāriki (2017)
This course will enable teachers to develop processes for assessment, planning and evaluation to understand children’s learning pathways …and then plan to continue and strengthen them through their teaching.
Transition seamlessly from the old Te Whāriki to the revised one. We will focus on outcomes for children that will enable them to be adaptive, creative and resilient global citizens of the future.
Assessment data needs to be the basis for planning curriculum experiences that engage children in authentic learning. Come along and find out more about:
- The changing landscape of early childhood education – a revised Te Whāriki; Our Code; Our Standards
- Curriculum – what is it? What should children be learning in early childhood?
- Assessment – what is it? Using formative assessment to plan
- Using Te Whāriki to design learning experiences to progress learning (linked to Professional Standard 5 – Design for Learning)
- How to be an intentional teacher
- Sample documentation that demonstrates a formative assessment sequence of noticing, recognising, responding, recording and revisiting valued learning
Please bring these documents to the workshop:
- Te Whāriki (2017)
- Our Code, Our Standards
- He Pou Tātaki
- A copy of your Centre’s Philosophy Statement
For more information contact:
027 306 4247
Venue: Cheviot Park Motor Lodge
|Per Personshow details +||$253.00 (NZD)*||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: November 6, 2018 1:00 pm
Sales End: May 21, 2019 10:00 am
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
* price includes taxes