April 13, 2016
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
This course is designed for leaders in early childhood centres… whether you are leading:
- Large teams
- Small teams within a large team
- The curriculum
- Self-review systems
- Other delegated responsibilities
Leadership is about releasing the potential in those you lead – and often this is the biggest challenge of leadership – how to motivate others to be the best they can possibly be.
This initial course would cover:
- Leadership responsibilities – revisiting the indicators in Pou Arahi, (He Pou Tataki)
and Practising Teacher Criteria 5
- Leadership Dispositions – exploring the ‘backbone’ of leadership
- Leadership Pipeline roles and responsibilities – especially Levels 1 and 2
- Leadership and professionalism
- Motivating adults as learners
There will also be a forum to discuss the challenges of leadership in 2016.
InterLEAD have a proven track record for providing innovative and challenging leadership programmes – it is hoped that this course could be a forerunner to setting up regular leadership cluster meetings based in Nelson and/or Blenheim.
For more information contact:
021 889 341
Venue: ACE Nayland