November 2, 2015
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
We used to call it Behaviour Management!
Managing the learning environment and the mix of children in it is a basic skill that all teachers need before they can realise potential learning in children.
This course will:
- Define what social competence is.
- Consider professional and non-professional responses to challenging behaviours.
- Learn how to turn challenges into growth points
- Explore what a quality interaction really is
- Support you to design a curriculum and select teaching strategies that will promote social competence in children
- Explore how “Teacher Talk’ impacts on children’s learning
A one day course suitable for all who work in early childhood education
Venue Phone: 03-684 2229Address: