InterLEAD is known for its skill in analysis and action based research. Programmes are well researched, tested and tailored to your need. For those who require help in monitoring their achievements, we provide mentoring and support.
A specific feature of most of our programmes is our uniquely designed Multi Learning Approach to professional development. We developed this approach to overcome many of the traditional pitfalls of learning approaches in the interpersonal skills and behaviour change areas. It is this approach that gives us the confidence to guarantee our outcomes.
One of the consistent areas of feedback is that our services break a lot of the past moulds, in a beneficial way. Clients say that our services offer the best practices in personal and organisational development from outside the education environment, but in a manner which acknowledges the educational ethic and culture rather than attempting to abuse or ignore it.
Workshops and Programmes
Our workshops and programmes have been developed in New Zealand with extensive international research backing. It means we offer ‘leading edge’ development – based on ‘world best’ practices tailored specifically for New Zealand teachers in New Zealand schools and early childhood centres or service. Participants in our workshops tell us the learning experiences and approaches we offer are the best professional development opportunities they have ever experienced. A variety of challenging topics from one day sessions, to four day programmes, and residential and host school programmes are offered across the year.
Leadership Services and Seminars
We would like to share with you ‘world best’ practices that create sustained, real, long term value for you and staff in your school or early childhood centre. Work it your way: senior management, staff, ‘cluster groups’… at your school or early childhood centre, our facility, or a chosen venue. Anyway you do it, we will work with you to address the specific issues unique to your organisation and its leadership.
Primary & Secondary School
InterLEAD can facilitate learning programmes such as one day courses, in-school leadership programmes. Areas of support and topics we offer include:
- Leadership Performance Surveys (LPS’s) or Appreciative Inquiry interviews for those in a leadership role, as part of their appraisal process
- Mentoring and coaching services
- Appraisal process reshaping to align it to the new Professional Standards for Teachers
- Planned self-review so that ALL teachers can be part of the process
- Facilitating the process for developing a strategic and annual plan for the school
- Working with schools on re-culturing and transformation strategies
- As part of community consultation, conducting focus group interviews and community café conversations
- Leading learning in Modern Learning Environments
- Developing your Middle Managers
Early Childhood Centres & Services
Need an individual centre visit or help facilitating a teacher-only day? Simply contact one of our team to find out more about how we can support you and your team.
We can help on a range of topics:
- Strategic and Annual Planning
- Self-Review – Strategic, Planned, Spontaneous
- Human Resource Management
- Operational Policies and Procedures
- Provisional Registration of Teachers
- Administration and Office Procedures
- Preparing for an ERO Review
Building Leadership Capability
- Individual Mentoring for both Governance and Management
- Governance Induction
- Team Building
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Goal Setting – Appraisals, PRT, Self-Review
- Whole Team Teacher Days or Half Days
- Understanding Te Whāriki and Our Code Our Standards
Reviewing Assessment, Planning and Evaluation
- Streamlining Systems for Individual and Group Planning
- Providing Engaging Environments
- Ensuring Quality Teacher Interactions and Intentional Teaching