June 16, 2016
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
This course will equip you to be a ‘Critically Reflective Teacher’ helping you and your team to build a culture of professionalism that develops excellence in teaching and learning.
- Are you serious about building professional practice in yourself and your colleagues?
- Are all teachers engaged in ‘professional learning’ or just doing ‘professional development’ – and do they know the difference?
- Do you know how to provide and receive powerful feedback that builds lasting relationships?
- Do you want to learn how to inspire and motivate yourself and others to continually reflect and improve their practice?
This course will enable you to discover strategies to help you grow to be the teacher and/or leader you want to be. Reflecting on practice is a vital aspect of being a professional in early childhood education – all teachers need to know how to document meaningful reflections that will grow their practice and ultimately support positive outcomes for children
This course will cover:
- Why reflection is not only an essential skill for teaching but how it can make you a great teacher.
- The power of reflection in building your capacity for success.
- Building positive relationships through sharing reflections with colleagues.
- The mindset you need to critically reflect on your teaching.
- Practical tools to guide you in writing and documenting reflection.
- Providing evidence to show how your reflections show you are meeting the Practising teacher Criteria.
Venue: Trevinos - City Park Motel
Venue Phone: 03 348 0909Address: