March 22, 2017
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Appraisal that promotes professional learning and growth.
A course that supports Centres/Services to review their appraisal systems to ensure they:
- Promote professional learning and growth.
- Provide evidence of meeting the Practising Teacher Criteria.
- Foster and builds collegial relationships within a team.
- Improves the quality of dialogue around teaching practice.
With the changeover from the New Zealand Teacher’s Council to EDUCANZ it is important that Centres/Services review current appraisal systems to ensure they not only meet the requirements for registering and registered teachers but also meet the requirements of the ECE Regulations in relation to Human Resource Management.
This course will:
- Explore the process of appraisal, including setting of realistic goals.
- Provide examples of documentation that could be used to gather evidence of reflection, growth and achievement of goals.
- Link evidence of learning and growth to the Practising Teacher Criteria and Tataiako.
- Provide a framework for professional conversations around practice.
It will be of benefit to leaders to help them lead robust and rigorous appraisals, as well as teachers to ensure they fully engage in a positive manner in appraisals.
For more information contact:
021 172 5487
Venue: The Village Square Trust
Venue Phone: 09 379 2095Address: